When money is in short supply and you need software tools and operating systems to balance your budget, write a letter, edit photos, audio and more there are alternatives to the big, pricey software vendors:
- Meet Ubuntu Fast, free and incredibly easy to use, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktop PCs, laptops and servers around the world.
- GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
- Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
- Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more.
- LibreOffice is a powerful office suite; Its clean interface and its powerful tools let you unleash your creativity and grow your productivity.
LibreOffice embeds several applications that make it the most powerful Free & Open Source Office suite on the market.
- Inkscape is a professional vector graphics editor for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It’s free and open source.