11 comments for “$210 Million dollar lawsuit against Themis/Maximus and BC Government.

1. Theo
    October 17, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Wow, that is heart breaking. I truly hope this case is heard and acted upon, in both countries. From the sounds of it, hiring for MEP employees is done through ‘Sociopaths-R-Us’ and there are outlets on both sides of the border.

Canadian singer and songwriter Bruce Cockburn must have been under the influence of the MEP when he penned the words to a song; “If I had a rocket launcher…”

• admin
      October 17, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Definitely there are extreme problems in BC and Alberta. By the sounds of it also in other provinces, the USA and UK.

In BC medical services plan which is similar to Alberta healthcare employment services as well as FMEP are run by a private company Themis and Maximus.

I asked Cockburn to look at the situation and get back to us but so far haven’t heard from him or his management company.

2. Theo
    October 17, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Your site and the information contained within has opened my eyes to so much more of this system than I ever thought existed. I am setting up a wordpress blog in an effort to become more involved. Let me know how I can best use my time and limited resources to further your efforts. Also, give my regards to Bruce when you talk to him 🙂

3. Trent
    July 10, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Case Dismissed.August 6, 2014. There will be no justice today.

• admin
      July 11, 2015 at 12:43 pm

What more can you tell us? How did you confirm this information please?

• Taylor
        July 16, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Plaintiff – Appellant,: MELVIN J. HOWARD
        Defendant – Appellee,: MAXIMUS, INC., DBA Maxiums, Canada Inc., DBA Themis Program Management & Consulting Ltd., STEVE KITCHER, in his individual capacity and JOANNE PLATT, in her individual capacity
        Case Number: 14-35693
        Filed: August 19, 2014
        Court: U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
        Nature of Suit: Other Civil Rights

4. Mike
    January 8, 2016 at 9:24 pm

The case was dismissed due to the staggering evidence mounting against the plaintiff. There was proof of his neglect of hid maintenance order outlining his legal financial obligations to the children left in Canada; therefore justifying the actions of the enforcement officer, legislated by the Province of British Columbia.

Ultimately, programs like Maximus exist because people put their differences before the financial well being of the children involved. Stop the problem and the problem solver Stevie K loses his job. Keep your ex happy and they don’t need to enroll in programs like these.

5. Barb
    January 18, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Who can I contact to escalate my problem with FMEP. They will not take on my case because of wording “Net of Tax” behind the amount which is straight forward and they claim that they cann’t enforce my maintenance because not tax is either claimed or paid by payor or recipient and they don’t know what it meant by the notation. This was a government self serve document. I want to appeal there decision, as I think this is ridiculous.